General Approaches to Statistical Thermodynamics of Copolymers of Practical Importance (theory)Phase diagrams of solutions, melts and blends consisting of copolymers obtained during realistic polymerization processes. Reaction induced phase separation. Interplay of chemical and physical factors in the course of macromolecular reactions. Thermodynamics of compressible polymer systems. Polymer blends exhibiting strongly pronounced inhomogeneity in composition and chemical structure of macromolecules.
Representative publications in 1992-2012:
1. K.N. Bakeev, V.A. Izumrudov, S.I. Kuchanov, A.B. Zezin, V.A.Kabanov. Kinetics and Mechanism of Interpolyelectrolyte Exchange and Addition Reactions. Macromolecules, 1992, v.25, p.4249.
2. S.I. Kuchanov. Miscibility Maps and Blends Containing Statistical Copolymers. Polymer Networks and Blends, 1995, v.5, p.191.
3. S.I. Kuchanov, S.V. Panyukov. Statistical Thermodynamics of Copolymers and their Blends, Comprehensive Polymer Science, Second Supplement, Ed.G.Allen, Pergamon Press, 1996, Chapter 13.
4. S.I. Kuchanov. Kinetics and Statistics of Reactions on Macromolecules, In: Mathematical Methods in Contemporary Chemistry, Ed. S. Kuchanov, Gordon Breach, 1996, Chapter 5.
5. S.I. Kuchanov, S. Russo. Quantitative Theory of Free-Radical Copolymerization Allowing for the Phenomenon of Preferential Sorption. Macromolecules, 1997, v.30, p.4511.
6. S.I. Kuchanov, A.G. Kholostyakov, N.I. Kozlov. Influence of Hydrodynamic Stirring on Composition of Copolymer Obtained in Continuous Reaction Systems. Polymer Engineering Science, 1997, v.37, p.1387.
7. S.I. Kuchanov, S.V. Panyukov. Molecular Theory of Solutions and Blends of Heteropolymers. I. Thermodynamics of Amorphous Multicomponent Polymer Systems. J. Polym. Sci. B, 1998, v.36, p.937.
8. S.I. Kuchanov. Principles of the Quantitative Description of the Chemical Structure of Synthetic Polymers. Adv. Polym. Sci., 2000, v.152, p.157.
9. C. Kok, S. Kuchanov, G. ten Brinke. Molecular Inhomogeneity and Amplitude of Scattering of the Products of Diblock Copolymer Degradation. Macromolecules, 2000, v.33, p.7195.
10. A. Yakovlev, S. Kuchanov. Multicomponent Copolymerization on Display. Macromol. Symp., 2000, v.160, p.35.
11. S. Kuchanov. Rearrangements of Phase Portraits in the Theory of Radical Copolymerization with Participation of Complexes. Macromol. Symp., 2000, v.160, p.191.
12. S.I. Kuchanov, C. Kok, G. ten Brinke. Application of the Theory of Dynamical Systems for Nonlinear Analysis of Multicomponent Polymerization. Nonlinear Analysis, 2001, v.47, p.931.
13. S.I. Kuchanov, T.V. Zharnikov. Scattering Properties of Gradient Heteropolymers Obtained by "Living" Free-Radical Copolymerization. Eur. Phys. J. E, 2002, v.7, p.183.
14. S.I. Kuchanov, T.V. Zharnikov. Quantitative Theory of "Living" Chain Copolymerization Covering anionic and Free-Radical Mechanisms. Macromol. Symp., 2002, v.183, p.205.
15. Ya.V. Kudryavtsev, E.N. Govorun. Direct interchain exchange reaction in a polymer blend: evolution of the block weight distribution. e-Polymers, 2002, v.033, p..
16. S.I. Kuchanov, T. Zharnikov. Stochastic Branching Process for Description of Non-Random Irreversible Polycondensation. J. Stat. Phys., 2003, v.11, p.1273.
17. T. Zharnikov, A. Yakovlev, S. Kuchanov. Quantitative theory of ``living'' free-radical polymerization. III. Calculation of copolymerization products' spinodal. J. Polym. Sci., B, 2003, v.41, p.892.
18. Ya.V. Kudryavtsev, E.N. Govorun. End-group interchain exchange reaction in polymer blends: evolution of the block weight distribution. e-Polymers, 2003, v.063, p..
19. S.I. Kuchanov, H. Slot, A. Strocks. Development of a Quantitative Theory of Polycondensation. Progr. Polym. Sci., 2004, v.29, p.563.
20. E.N. Govorun, Ya.V. Kudryavtsev. Phase Separation in a Polymer Blend in the Course of Interchain Exchange Reaction. Polymer Science: Ser A, 2004, v.46, p.553.
21. S.I. Kuchanov, A.R. Khokhlov. Theory of Interphase Free-Radical Copolymerization at the Oil-Water Boundary. Macromolecules, 2005, v.38, p.2937.
22. S. Meng, T. Kyu, S. Kuchanov. Collaborative Studies of Thermo-Oxidative Degradation of Styrene-Isoprene Diblock Copolymers. Polymer, 2005, v.46, p.5580.
23. A.N. Ivanova, S.I. Kuchanov, L.I. Manevich. Bifurcation Analysis for the Construction of a Phase Diagram of Heteropolymer Liquids. J. Math. Phys., 2005, v.46, p.013301.
24. M.A. Aliev, S.I. Kuchanov. Diagram Technique for Finding of Vertex Functions in the Landau Theory of Heteropolymer Liquids. Eur. Phys. J., Ser. B, 2005, v.43, p.251.
25. V.E. Pichugin, S.I. Kuchanov. A Diagrammatic Technique in the Landau Theory with Two-component Order Parameter Describing the Phase Transitions in Heteropolymer Liquids. J. Stat. Mech., 2005, v., p.07009.
26. S.I. Kuchanov, A.R. Khokhlov. Role of Physical Factors in the Process of Obtaining Copolymers. Adv. Polym. Sci., 2006, v.196, p.129.
27. A.V. Berezkin, A.R. Khokhlov. Modeling of Interfacial Polycondensation. J. Polym. Sci., 2006, v.44, p.26986.
28. S.I. Kuchanov, K.V. Tarasevich, T.V. Zharnikov. Configurational Effects in Statistical Theory of Branched Non-random Polycondensation. J. Stat. Phys., 2006, v.122, p.875.
29. S.I. Kuchanov, S.V. Panyukov. A Correct Account of the Non-local Terms in the Landau Theory of Phase Transitions in Polydisperse Heteropolymers. Journ. Phys.: Condensed Matter - Letter to Editor, 2006, v.18, p.L43.
30. S.Kuchanov, S.Pogodin, G. ten Brinke, A.R.Khokhlov. Polymer Globule as a Nanoreactor. Macromolecules, 2008, v.41, p.2689.
31. S.I.Kuchanov, S.G.Pogodin. Theoretical consideration of bulk free-radical copolymerization with allowance for the preferential sorption of monomers into globular nanoreactors. J. Chem. Phys., 2008, v.128, p.244902.
32. M.A.Aliev, S.I.Kuchanov. The Landau free energy of a melt of graft copolymers. J. Chem. Phys., 2009, v.131, p.174111.